Limited Transmission Warranty Agreement
Covering a time and mileage listed on your invoice.
A. WARRANTY TERMS
The transmission warranty listed on your work order and not including any other materials or labor of any of the other components or parts of the vehicle, is warranted to the buyer against failure caused by defects in workmanship and materials by the warrantor named above; if later parts purchased is necessary within the time and mileage specified on your invoice, then it will be provided without charge to the buyer, within the limits of this warranty at the warrantor’s shop.
This warranty covers parts, labor and the cost of replacing transmission fluid only. This warranty is only extended to the customer named, it does not cover such things as towing, loss of use, loss of earnings, personal injury damages, per diem expenses, nor any other consequential or incidental damages. Warrantor’s obligation under this warranty is limited to replacing or repairing defective parts and correcting defectively furnished labor.
The warrantor is responsible only for the parts purchased and labor purchased by the customer on the invoice that prompted the issuance of this warranty, and not for subsequent failures of, or damage resulting from, related parts or units. (see reverse side)
Warrantor reserves the right to refund full purchase price goods and services purchased herein, in lieu of any claim or claims under this warranty.
B. HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICE-INSTRUCTIONS
Always take the car back to the warrantor. This must be done at your own expense; the warrantor shop is not responsible for towing, shipping, or any other expense that might be incurred in transporting the car to the warrantor shop.
C. IMPLIED WARRANTY:
The warranty terms herein apply to both written and implied warranties. All implied warranties are limited to the terms of the written warranty. Consequential or incidental damages are not covered by this warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long a n implied warranty lasts, or the exclusions or limitations of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which can vary from state to state.
All implied warranties are limited to terms of this warranty. Consequential and incidental damages are not covered by this warranty. Some states/provinces do not allow limitations on the length of an implied warranty, or the exclusions of incidental or consequential damages; therefore, the above exclusion or limitations may not apply to you, This warranty gives you specific legal rights which can vary from state to state.
REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENTS DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD DO NOT EXTEND THE LIFE TERM OF THIS WARRANTY AS SHOWS ABOVE.
A. WARRANTY TERMS:
(1) This warranty covers parts, labor and the cost of replacing transmission fluid only. This warranty is NON-TRANSFERABLE and is only EXTENDED to the PERSON & VEHICLE NAMED ON THE INVOICE. It does not cover such things as towing, loss of use, loss of earnings, personal damages, per diem expenses, or any other consequential or incidental damages. Warrantor’s obligation under this warranty is limited to replacing or repairing defective parts and correcting defectively furnished labor.
(2) It also DOES NOT COVER transmissions whose engines have been modified to produce more output (horsepower or torque) beyond the original design limits of the transmission. These items include, but are not limited to: superchargers; turbo chargers; nitrous oxide; after market fuel injection systems; internal engine modifications or replacement engines that are larger than what came with the vehicle. Or vehicles that have drivetrain modifications that cause a load on the transmission that exceeds the original design limits. These items include, but are not limited to: substantially larger tires or a change in the differential gear ratio (one that is not available as an option with the vehicle). Or if the vehicle exceeds the designed gross weight suggested by the manufacturers (i.e., heavy tool chests, boom, etc.), or towing an item that is heavier than the towing limits placed by the vehicle manufacturer.
(3) The work performed can many times fail, due to no fault of the warrantor. Parts related to, but not part of the transmission, can fail after the transmission job is completed, thereby adversely affecting the transmission, torque converter or seals. Under these circumstances, your warranty is not valid. In no way can the warrantor predict these events, and therefore is not responsible for them. A partial list of related parts is set forth in the next paragraph.
(4) The warrantor is responsible only for the parts and labor purchased by the customer on the invoice that prompted issuance of this warranty, and not for subsequent failures of, or damage resulting from related parts or units as shown in the following: these items consisting of, but not limited to: a. levers; b. controls; c. linkage; d. radiator; e. coolers; f. rubber mounts; g. external oil lines; h. electrical/electronic components (computer control units, actuators, sensors, solenoids, faulty wiring, etc.) external to the transmission. The forgetting and the other parts are not normally included in or with a transmission repair job.
(5) Coverage on a front wheel drive vehicle will be excluded if the differential and/or case fail due to UNINTENTIONAL/INTENTIONAL misuse (i.e., stuck in the mud, ice/sleet on streets/road, steep inclines, etc.)
(6) This warranty will not be valid if the vehicle has been used for towing purposes unless a proper transmission cooler has been installed on the vehicle, nor will it be valid if the transmission assembly has been tampered with outside a qualified repair shop; or if it has been improperly installed by other than the shop of the warrantor; or if factory approved fluid has not been used in assembly; or if there has been unintentional/intentional misuse, or damaged in an accident.
(7) This warranty will NOT BE VALID IF ALTERED in any way.
B. PROPER MAINTENANCE – INSTRUCTIONS TO CUSTOMER
(1) Have the transmission checked within 15 days from the date of delivery for oil levels, leaks and shift pattern. The warrantor shop will do this for you without charge.
(2) Check fluid level in the transmission every time you check your motor oil, for the first 60 days.
(3) Change fluid, clean pan, replace filter in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations as listed in your owner’s manual.
(4) Retain your service receipts and invoices as proof of proper maintenance.